Friday, October 9, 2026

Lizzie - Open Eye Theatre - October 2026

Lizzie: The Rock Musical 

Program Cover

By Steven Cheslik-Demeyer, Tim Maner and Alan Stevens Hewitt

Review by Ernest Edwards

I now see what my fellow bloggers were raving about with Lizzie last season. I wasn’t able to see it during the 2025/2026 season. I sure am glad the show made a comeback for the 2026/2027 season. Lizzie Rocks! Drop everything and get out and see this rock musical. It’s about Lizzie Bordon and the death of her father and step mother in 1892. 

The best part of the show is the cast!!! Lux Mortenson plays Lizzie Bordon, Abilene Olson plays her sister Emma Bordon, Grace Hillmyer plays Alice Russell, and Marley Ritchie plays Bridget Sullivan aka Maggie. These ladies give us a power house performance. 

The music has a hard driving edge. Kind of like Spring Awakening and Hedwig and the Angry Inch. All

Photo by Ernest Edwards

I can really is just get out and see this show! You will not be disappointed. 

Lizzie runs through November 1, 2026. Check out www.openeyetheatre.org for tickets. 

Lizzie - Open Eye Theatre - October 2026

Lizzie : The Rock Musical  Program Cover By Steven Cheslik-Demeyer, Tim Maner and Alan Stevens Hewitt Review by Ernest Edwards I now see wha...